5.28.2013

Artist To Know - Peter Root

Finding artists that create using everyday elements intrigue me. Todays artist to know creates amazing cityscapes with 100,000+ staples and small pieces of metal.



Peter Root



"I think there is a beauty in making something that requires so much precision, care, time and effort, yet is destined to last for only a short period of time." - Peter Root




Watch this video to see Peter in action.
Read more about Peter and his work on his website.



What do you think of staple city?
Add To Google BookmarksStumble ThisFav This With TechnoratiAdd To Del.icio.usDigg ThisAdd To RedditTwit ThisAdd To FacebookAdd To Yahoo

Pin It

7 comments:

  1. That is really cool!!!!! And could explain why i was having so much trouble finding staples. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Staple City is amazing! (But I don't think my boss would approve if I tried to build one at the tax office.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is amazing. I watched the shadows as they moved across the floor of his work area - it was obvious that his staple city took many days to complete - along with a ton of staples. It is also obvious that Peter has a passion for what he does, that's why his work is so intricate and awe inspiring. Again all I can say is AMAZING !

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've seen his work before! It's incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, just fascinating work! So intricate.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So unique! This is my first time seeing staples used for art!!!

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts and ideas are an important part of the conversation, thanks for sharing!