5.21.2013

A Quick and Easy Quiet Time Idea

Personalized Journal by moleskinebusiness
When your time is limited, but you really need a break, taking 10 - 15 minutes a day to yourself and your journal is a great way to regroup.

Taking time to do a brain dump, rant about a problem, or simply list what you are grateful for opens you up to discovering something new about yourself.

Daily Gratitude by WhisicalsPaperie
Here are 8 reasons why you should keep a journal
Record your daily life
Fuel your dreams
Gain self-awareness
Embrace who you are
Take a spiritual journey
Vent your frustrations
Make plans
Increase your positivity

Start with a journal you love. You can make one with all art techniques you love or purchase a beautiful handmade on off Etsy.

Keeping a journal is not all about writing. If you prefer you can draw, paint, collage, mixed media, or a combination of the medium of your choice. All you need to do is choose a medium you enjoy and get started.

Monogrammed Journal by OurLittleMesses
Add your journal time to you calendar. Even if you can't or don't want to do it everyday, carving out a time is the best way to commit to your journal time.

Journal time is a good way to take time to yourself quite your mind. After a busy day it can really help you relax and take control of your thoughts.

Do you keep a journal?


Add To Google BookmarksStumble ThisFav This With TechnoratiAdd To Del.icio.usDigg ThisAdd To RedditTwit ThisAdd To FacebookAdd To Yahoo

Pin It

5 comments:

  1. I started keeping a diary/journal in 7th grade....it starts 1/1/77. But over the past few years, I found that I can type faster than i can write!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post. I keep a daily gratitude journal. I tried doing some journaling on the computer, but it just wasn't the same. Felt like work. (Probably because I associate the computer with work -duh.) But I like writing in a pretty journal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't any more, though I used to. It is a great thing to keep and always fun to look back on too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I recently started journaling before I go to sleep at night. While it does not feel therapeutic for me, I feel that over time it will be. At the end of the year I look forward to going back through to remind myself what a great year it has been and how far I have come!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've journaled on and off over the years. I wish I was more consistent with it.

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts and ideas are an important part of the conversation, thanks for sharing!