11.23.2012

DIY Friday - Create Your Own Wreath

Wreaths come in a variety of shapes, styles, and materials, and are the perfect thing to create for the holidays. Try one or more of these ideas for a fun and unique ideas to decorate a door, window, or over a mantel.

Cinnamon stick wreath
Drinking straw wreath
Pine Cone Wreath
Picture frame wreath
Mini Wreaths
Corn Husk Wreath
Burlap wreath
What kind of wreath do you have during the holidays?


Add To Google BookmarksStumble ThisFav This With TechnoratiAdd To Del.icio.usDigg ThisAdd To RedditTwit ThisAdd To FacebookAdd To Yahoo

Pin It

7 comments:

  1. That paper straw one is very original and eyecatching! I made a wreath from fabric scraps last year - need to take it out of the box and hang it up again :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such creative ideas. The cinnamon stick wreath must smell amazing! The burlap looks so unique too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't have any wreaths. Back in WA my front door was so pretty with the carved scroll work in the wood and pretty windows that I didn't want to cover them up. Here, I just don't bother with it. Have you seen the Pinstrosity site which shows people's creations based upon Pinterest ideas? Some have been wreaths that went horribly awry. lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. A drinking straw wreath, how unique! We have never hung a wreath before, but one of these years I am going to take one of the amazing wreath ideas that is on Pinterest and make my own.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are all lovely! I appreciate their simplicity. I think the cinnamon is my favorite. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  6. www.catefneelywordpress.comDecember 4, 2012 at 7:49 AM

    I'm trying to finish a wreath using those cheap Mardi Gras beads that come in various sizes, shapes and colors. Would love to have it finished before my home holiday show this weekend but..... I am using two florists' circles wired to each other, and both wrapping the beads around, and wiring to, the circles.

    A fresh wreath hangs on our front door. But Washington, DC is experiencing some warm weather...

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts and ideas are an important part of the conversation, thanks for sharing!