5.22.2012

Blog Post Planning

Blogging gives you the opportunity to engage with your customers, would-be customers, and other like minded creatives.

Keeping your readers coming back is the challenge with blogging, and having good content is why they visit, comment, and share your blog posts.

Knowing your blogs target market is the key to having a focused blog with readers that keep coming back, and to keep the ideas flowing so it's easier to create posts.

We here this all the time "who's your target market?" and when it comes to your blog it is important to know who is reading your posts. Here are a couple of links for discovering your blog (and shops) target market:

How to Determine Your Target Market
How to find your true target market so yu can finally grow your business
5 Simple Ways to Discover What people are Dying to Read

Once you know your target market, you will be able to focus on the content of your blog knowing exactly what your readers want to read.

Some content ideas include:
Sharing your story, process, and products
Talking about your medium, trends, tools, and new products
Share what inspires you
Events you participate in
Tutorials
Talk about your favorite artist
Other shops you love
Show lots of photos
Start a series
Ask questions
Engage your community

This is just a short list to get you started, but you get the idea.

I read a lot of books, magazines, and blog post for ideas for my blog. Finding and sharing good content is important to me so I spend a little time planning what kind of posts I am going to have on my blog.

Planning makes blogging easier to stay motivated and keeping your content fresh. Below find a blogging form that will make it easy to keep track of your ideas, and plan your weekly blogging schedule.

click here
Blogging should be an enjoyable part of your business. Sharing interesting content to your target market, gives them a chance to get to know you and your business. Review your blog, is it conveying the message you want to share with your readers? 

Do you enjoy blogging?


Add To Google BookmarksStumble ThisFav This With TechnoratiAdd To Del.icio.usDigg ThisAdd To RedditTwit ThisAdd To FacebookAdd To Yahoo

Pin It

4 comments:

  1. Great post! I really enjoy blogging and having fun with it. Usually I blog about what's going on, or whatever it is that I'm thinking about. Your content ideas are great, and your post motivates me to review my blog, because I haven't done that in awhile!
    Thanks,
    Kim
    http://2justByou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the print out! I really like to schedule my blogs ahead of time and this will help a bunch.

    I try to mix things up on my blog and talk about my business, new products, custom orders and throw in a bit about my life from time to time as well. I'll usually throw in a cute picture of my puppy here and there too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoy writing the blog and reading various types of blogs. I usually mix it up with my subjects. If I could narrow it down, it would probably be easier to build upon.

    Your post was great, the resources as well as the ideas. I've printed out your blogging form, I think that will be something to look forward to maintaining! TVM!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All very valuable ideas and advices! It is important to stick to a weekly/monthly plan and work on developing it according to your readership's interests!

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts and ideas are an important part of the conversation, thanks for sharing!