9.13.2011

Creative Business Quick Tip

Here is an easy idea you can do everyday in your local neighborhood.

Start carrying around zip locks, or a small decorative bags filled with a business card, a mini flier of your local events or specials, a discount coupon (optional), hard candy or lollipop, promotional items such as buttons or stickers, and any other information that will encourage people to check out your shop online.

Pass out your bags to people you run into daily bank tellers, cashiers, at your kids sports events, hair dresser, leave them at in waiting rooms, take them everywhere you go.

This is one of those out of the box ideas I am going to start doing this holiday season. This is an easy way to spread the word about your business.

What would you put in your pass out bag?


Add To Google BookmarksStumble ThisFav This With TechnoratiAdd To Del.icio.usDigg ThisAdd To RedditTwit ThisAdd To FacebookAdd To Yahoo

Pin It

9 comments:

  1. Great idea! I did start carrying my business cards a while back and I was surprised at how many I've handed out...you start "chatting" to more people than you realize! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an absolutely fabulous idea! Wonderful for promotion, or even if you want to just do a random act of kindness! :) If all your out of the box ideas are that good, Valerie, you should have no trouble making your 100 sales goal. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that is a lovely idea. We all seem to enjoy getting little "gifts" and it would surely make a lasting impression.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Valerie - that's a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eep...I'm totally guilty of NOT doing this. I always keep business cards in one of my zip pouches in my purse, but rarely do I remember them! Need to get better!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not good at promoting myself to life outside of the internet. A bit shy. But I do do the business card thing. (Occasionally, not enough) x Julie

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a great idea. I always keep business cards with me and I stock my husband up. He's like a second purse, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an amazing idea! Thank you for sharing. A friend and I are trying to get a Meetup.com group together locally and this would be a great "call to artists", if you will.

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts and ideas are an important part of the conversation, thanks for sharing!