6.16.2011

Nurture your Spirit

I admit it I'm a workaholic. I work about 10 hours a day, I am always thinking about work, and I talking about work.

I'm lucky because I love what I do, and am very blessed that I have the opportunity to run my own business.

Sometimes I forget to do things just for me.  These days I am either working or helping my daughter get ready for her move to college.

When I do take some time just for myself to nurture my spirit I like to:

Sit outside on a nice day and do nothing
Read magazines and books
Take a drive with no destination in mind
Take a walk 
Go out with family and friends

One of my goals is to find time for myself to do something besides work for a few minutes everyday. I am still working on it, hopefully I will get better at it by the end of summer.

What do you do to nurture your spirit?


Add To Google BookmarksStumble ThisFav This With TechnoratiAdd To Del.icio.usDigg ThisAdd To RedditTwit ThisAdd To FacebookAdd To Yahoo

Pin It

5 comments:

  1. I'm starting to have daily rituals. So in the mornings I wake up and I do something that is not related to work (in my case searching for jobs & internships)like writing in my journal or reading an inspirational book. I think it helps to begin your days peacefully and then tackle your work day.

    <3 Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know how you feel about finding that time for yourself! I go 100 miles an hour until Saturday afternoon when my boyfriend comes over and we re-stress together Saturday into Sunday. Then back to craziness again on Monday! ~Val

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mm... reading is fantastic! I love reading, photography and writing. Blogging is also pretty awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I make time to meditate and journal every morning. Reading in the sun is a personal favorite. I started blogging as a way to promote my business but have found it feeds my spirit in more ways than one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like to get lost in a good book. Or sometimes I just laze around outside listening to good music and daydreaming.
    -Debbie

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts and ideas are an important part of the conversation, thanks for sharing!