5.17.2010

Whats your Inspiration?

Inspiration (noun) in-spuh-rey-shuh
arousal of the mind to special unusual activity or
creativity a product of your creative thinking and work.
a sudden intuition as part of solving a problem
divine guidance: (theology) a special influence of a divinity
on the minds of human beings. arousing to a particular emotion or action


I talk a lot about inspiration on my blog, because I'm intrigued by how artists use inspiration.

When I create jewelry I am inspired by contemporary paintings, buildings, light fixtures, furniture, as well as geometric shapes, texture, and color.

I read a post by Cate on her Heart On My Sleeve blog about how laundry can be a source of inspiration.

Earlier this year Sharon from Knot-Cha-Chá! did a post about how a gray day inspired her to use the color gray.

Dickesen Dabbles blog by Betheny has a post about being inspired by riding on mass transit, painting what she sees out the window of the train.

What inspires you to create?


Add To Google BookmarksStumble ThisFav This With TechnoratiAdd To Del.icio.usDigg ThisAdd To RedditTwit ThisAdd To FacebookAdd To Yahoo

Pin It

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the mention! I still can not get over how beautiful that hanging laundry was through the eyes of the photographers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do soooo much laundry, I will have to read Cate's blog! It's really true that so many different things can be inspiring. One of my biggest inspirations? My children! =)
    ~Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you Kim, kids are the best source of inspiration. They are so free and create what makes them happy, with wonderful results. Cate's post includes great photo's too.

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts and ideas are an important part of the conversation, thanks for sharing!