1.21.2010

Movies and Inspiration

Have you ever noticed when you are watching a movie you are looking around at everything but the actors on screen? I have missed scenes checking out a necklace on someone in the background, or the shape of a building. I find movies to be a big source of inspiration.

In movies you can see places and things you don't see in your everyday life, as well as learn about different lifestyles, and time periods.

I have created many piece from furniture, other jewelry, or buildings I saw in movies. If you look around while watching a movie or even a TV show, you will see several things that might inspire an idea.

I recently saw the movie Up in the Air and I loved the shots of the ground from airplane. The shapes and colors gave me several new ideas I could being to my work, and I really liked the movie too!

Of course movies about artists such a Pollock or Frieda are another source of inspiration seeing how they created and what was behind their desire to create.

Spend some time this weekend checking out the background of a movie. See how many new ideas you can come up with, that inspire new designs.

What movie has inspired you to create?
Add To Google BookmarksStumble ThisFav This With TechnoratiAdd To Del.icio.usDigg ThisAdd To RedditTwit ThisAdd To FacebookAdd To Yahoo

Pin It

2 comments:

Your thoughts and ideas are an important part of the conversation, thanks for sharing!