5.07.2009

Little Beaders

What a day I had yesterday!
Four sessions with 25 third graders in each session, and a big bucket of beads.

A school in my area was hosting a Fine Arts Week and invited me to come a do a demo of jewelry making. I brought in some of my fun tools which the kids were delighted to see and thought everything I did was amazing.
After a few minutes with the tools, I pulled out the trays of beads and let them make their own bracelets. This of course was the highlight of each session. What I found amazing was watching them look through the beads, they seemed to find this more fun then making the bracelet.

It was a long day, but the excitement of watching those kids kept me going all day. It was a great experience.

Want to recharge your art, spend a day making art with kids!


Add To Google BookmarksStumble ThisFav This With TechnoratiAdd To Del.icio.usDigg ThisAdd To RedditTwit ThisAdd To FacebookAdd To Yahoo

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts and ideas are an important part of the conversation, thanks for sharing!